A Quarter of Change

A Student Council Blog

Well, it’s been a very good first quarter for me. There were a lot of things I’ve never thought would happen in this quarter that happened. Let’s start with this student government class. Mr. Kitsu is a very great teacher. I thought this class would be a chill and create things kind of class. It is not what I was expecting. This class is pretty easy but it’s also pretty hard. I did my first banner in this class and now I know how to make one. Well, I think I’m going to be creating more banners throughout this year. It’s going to be a great year I hope. 

Another thing I never thought would happen is the fact that I quit playing football. This football season is going pretty good. I stopped playing football this year because of personal reasons. Still, that isn’t stopping me from going out to the games and supporting. 

As far as school is going, I am pretty satisfied with this year. First, I got closer to people and students I never thought I would get closer to, and I made new friends. Second, these new teachers I got this year are pretty chill and seem to like me. I have a lot of other things to say but I’m not going to say it all because it’s too much. To me, my most engaging class would be Mr. Murakami. This year is my third year taking his class. His class is agriculture and it is located all the way down campus at the very bottom. We get to plant a lot of plants and he will cook them when they get harvested and we get to eat it. My hardest class this year is going to be Ka’aloa’s. I really like that class, but the fact that we have to read is what I don’t like. I’m the kind of person who doesn’t like to read. So I think that that is going to be the hardest class for me this year.

Next week is homecoming week. It’s been rough selecting the things that we are going to be doing for that week, but I think it’s all set already. Banners are almost done and I hope the pep rally goes as planned. It sucks that there will be no JV game but I hope that the varsity is going to play hard and win this homecoming. 

Since I’m not playing football anymore, I decided to go ahead and play volleyball for the Kulia Volleyball Club. Now, I can prepare for this varsity season playing for the school. Well, this quarter is about to end in a couple of weeks and I hope the rest of the quarter goes great for me.